Skip to main content

Family Reunion Dinner~~

Do you like family reunion dinners?
Formal Dinner Pictures, Images and Photos

I used to hate reunion dinners because my aunts & uncle would always ask questions, trying to know me more. And to make it worse, my mum used to dress me up in a dress that is filled with laces & ribbons, she would also make me wear a black shoe with white laced socks...oh yeah...*shievers* Thank god, she no longer does that.
Not only that, this kind of reunions are always SO BORING & LONG!!

But recently, I realized something. Finally, I realize that reunion dinners had a purpose. I realized that my relatives bonded with each other. They were all talking, trying to catch up with each other lives. Yea, how could I be so damn stupid to NOT realise this. It was only recently I noticed it.

Eventhough, I finally knew the purpose of a family reunion dinner but I still thought it was a little boring. In addition, my aunts made me babysit my 5 year old throwing tantrum cousin sister & my 9 year old spoiled brat cousin brother.
However, I am not really a good babysitter. I just let them do whatever they want. I just make sure no body hurts themselves.

Dinner was really good. Yea, I love the food~~~ Yea, I live to eat~~
During dinner, I saw my grandfather eating. I stared at him. His hands were shaking. It wasn't because he was sick but because that was the way he is. Even I inherited this shaking hand gene but I only get it if I am really, really hungry or angry. My grandfather really looked so weak & feeble. My heart began to sink. He saw me staring at him & he smiled at me. I smiled back.

anime old man Pictures, Images and Photos
After dinner, we returned to my grandparents home for a good old dose of family bonding. Well, it was time to babysit my cousins. I just sat down & read my book. I normally bring a book to read. Then, all of a sudden, my grandfather sat next to me.
"What are you reading?" He asked.
"A fantasy book." I showed him the book cover.
He took the book & read the synopsis.
"It should be a good book." He smiled, returning the book to me.
So we talked...
And the long night ended, it was pretty enjoyable since I had my grandpa to chat with.

After hearing about my good friend grandfather's funeral,my heart thumped.
How long more is my grandpa going to live?
Yea, I know death is not torture...but it's just hard to imagine life without him.
He is the man who thought me how to read & he always recommends books to me.
He is also the man who thought me to do crosswords puzzles. (I really hate crosswords puzzles...)
He is my grandfather.

I still remember the time when I used to make him cards for his birthday. I still remember that I drew alot of pokemons & stuck alot of sailormoon stickers in that card.
I knew he still kept that card until now because I saw it once on his work desk.

I guess, we should love our parents & grandparents. I hate to admit this, but I really do love my grandfather.

Comments

Anonymous said…
*sneeze* jeez someone just talk about me here...

anyway glad you finally realised why I like reunions. ^^

Rushi
Sam said…
I really appreciate that you read my blog ~~~
Why i said that because it contain chinese words that you don't understand.
But i try my best to translate it english for you and friends that want to see my blog ~~
^_^

After see your blog, i feel that lucky you understand family reunion dinners.
For me,
I like family reunion dinners, why ?
Because i know that grandmother, grandfather, parents and cousin sister ~~
This life, i born out can become their son, cousin and uncle but next life ??
We may be cannot meet together ~~
So i will appreciate what i got now ~~

Beside that, i know parents, grandmother and grandfather. They cannot stay we me long time.
Time is limited for them.
Half of our life is take care by our parents and grandmother , grandfather but lated they will past away then the jobs will lend to my wife continues ~~~~

So got time, i will try together with my parents, grandmother, grandfather and cousin sister , brother ~~

I don't want wait them already past away then regret .... buy this buy that go and pray them ....
They already cannot eat ...
They already cannot chat with me .
They already at sky, wish me ... hope me healthy and happy ~~

Take care myself healthly also one of appreciate for parents ~~
^_^

Wish you happy and chinese new years ~~~
Sam said…
^_^

I not yet marry and no girl friend now.
Because i scare, i cannot give what she want ~~
The important things is money ~~
Love, care are build from heart and habbit ~~

When got boy friend and girl friend, normally they will love and care each other but ~~~

When marry ~~
because that time that are actting ....
Together .. no more surpise ...
then will show out the fox tails ~~

So love, care are build from heart and habbit ~~
^_^

When i find a good wife, i will come visit you and give you a big big "Ang Pow" ~~~
Give me 4 years because working earn money first, then family second then third is wife ~~
^_^
Anonymous said…
Ahakz, Ka-chan~~ Finally you know the goodness of family reunion XXXD!

Popular posts from this blog

An open letter to the scared and confused dreamers.

This is a letter for myself. But this is also a letter for those who find themselves in the same place as I am.

I'm going to admit that life is different from what I initially thought when I was younger.

When I was younger, I assumed that by now, I would have reached or be somewhat close to the life of my dreams.

But now that I reach this point, I realised that I was wrong. I did not take into account that tertiary education took years. Personally, I don't regret my tertiary education because I did enjoy it. Yes, it was insane and difficult but it was fun and I met amazing people there.

It's been a year since my graduation and I find myself being frustrated. I felt disappointed in myself because no, I don't have my own apartment and no, I'm not rocking that cool ass job that I always  dreamed of. But no, I don't hate my job either. In that sense, I'm fortunate I suppose. But I feel that it may not be the kind of thing that I want to do.

However, for me, to get t…

Alter ego, SUIT UP!!

Man, it feels odd to have people believe in you at the very moment you do not trust yourself. It feels odd to hear people's praises of you when you're feeling incapable. So I guess, it's time for one of my many alter ego to suit up if I wanna win that debate competition!!

Like any other person, I have many alter ego's...and I'm gonna list most of them today.


Ms Drama Queen
Likes :Attention and spotlight. She's a diva.
Dislikes :People stealing her spotlight or not getting her spotlight.
She is : A real drama queen. She whines & complains alot though. She thinks that the world revolves around her.
Can't handle :Ms Productive


Ms Arrogant
Likes : Winning, winning and winning.
Dislikes : Losing and losers.
She is : A real mean arrogant person. She really doesn't care about the other people. She thinks she is the best. Mostly, she thinks that her opponents aren't even her equal unless they have proven otherwise. Even then, she still thinks she is better than …

Growing up, closure and an interview.

I guess it's time I grow up. When high school is over, I have to grow up, be a mature and a responsible little young lady.
There's alot of things I have to learn.

To be honest, I'm a little afraid of leaving graduating from high school.
WHY?
I mean, I've been going to school for years. And the thought that it will finally end is a relief but also a little frightening.

But it's a new chapter in life. Everyone goes through it. So yea, I'm afraid but excited at the same time. There's so much to do after the graduating. College, driver licence & etc...

I guess I'll miss high school a little. Never thought it would end...but yea, it will soon enough.

Before I left high school, I need some closure. I mean, I made some friends & lost some friends. I do have some regrets. I was such an idiot and arrogant ass last time.
So yea, before high school end, I need to send some letters to the few people I hurt.



But I guess, that's high school. You make a hell lot of…