Skip to main content

Pride?

Arrogant
Dictionary says : full of pride


Pride
Dictionary says : an unruly high opinion of oneself ; dignity and self-respect ; haughtiness and arrogance


Rude
Dictionary says : crude and rough ; barbarous ; discourtenous


Someone told me these words. That was interesting. Because...nobody has ever told me this before. Well, people has always told me that I talked too much, my voice is too loud, wave my hands too much and maybe I talk too rough. Those are my bad points.
People also told me that I'm sociable, a good speaker and has confidence. Those are my good points.

But when someone told me that I'm rude, arrogant and overconfidence. It made me think. I've never thought of myself like this before.

So, the entire evening...I thought to myself...
Am I arrogant, overconfident and rude?

But then again, is pride something bad? Isn't pride the reason why some of us do things? Isn't pride something we all need?

And, sometimes I don't think I even have confidence. Sometimes, I'm just filled with self-doubt. But the only reason why I seem confident is because I fake it. Fake it till you make it.
fake Pictures, Images and Photos

But then again, there are some things that I'm really confident at. Even so, I'm not arrogant.

not arrogant Pictures, Images and Photos

Anyway, my conclusion is that we all need pride. And pride may be the reason why I do things. Pride don't let us fail so easily. Pride make us efficient. Pride don't let us lose. Who wants to lose?
So we need pride, and if you say having pride is being arrogant, then, call me arrogant.

Truly where is the boundary between arrogance and humility? Too humble and you shall be a doormat. Too arrogant and you shall be full of hot air and crap. Therefore, where is the boundary?
We need pride...Don't lie to me. I know you too have pride.

Comments

Luffy Sam said…
Aiyaya ...

How good am I also got people complain me ....
We cannot give up ~~

so must work hard hard .
Human got many kinds so some love to listen, some love to eat this , some love to eat that !!

so share good for all people.
They want listen or not , is their problem .

^_^
guitargirl said…
First off, lemme say that I don't know you all that well, but as far as I can tell, you don't seem arrogant to me :)

I have my own opinions on pride. As far as I know, there are two kinds of pride:

If a person is proud in a way that's like "I worked so hard to accomplish this and now I did it, so I'm happy!" kind of way, of course there's nothing wrong with it! :) Life would be pretty durn depressing if we couldn't get excited over stuff ;)

But if a person is proud like "I'm happy because I'm so much smarter than you" or cooler or prettier or whatever; I think there could be problems. It's not that these sort of thoughts don't come to all people every once in a while...it's just that when we do get to feeling that way it should be checked. Kind of the old "Do as you would be done by." rule I guess :)

I dunno. But those are just my thoughts. Wow. That was deep for me o.O LOL! Anyways, take care :-)
*End novel of a comment*
Jun said…
Everyone has pride~ *smiles* Without pride, how are you going to survive in this harsh world~ I have pride for myself, really sky-high pride XD

... ... Is it because of what have I said last time during the game session? If it really is, I am terribly sorry... *bows* I was just talking them for fun, because I want to finish the game as fast as possible... Sorry, really sorry...

Popular posts from this blog

Dear me,

I watched an anime where a girl managed to write a letter to her past self of ten years. True, that's not possible in reality but the concept of that is interesting. She wrote to her ten years younger self to avoid her regrets. She wanted her past self to change certain decisions in the past so that her current self won't have any regrets.

Personally, I wouldn't want to tell my past self to change her decisions to avoid regrets. Do I have regrets? Yes. But I won't change them because I learnt from them. And that has been grow as a person. So I don't quite regret that.

However, if I could write a letter to my past self, it would be fun. If I were to write to my ten years younger self, that would be my 13 year old self. And this is what I would love to say.

Dear me,

Hello there. This is your 23 year old self. I know, it's unbelievable. You can barely imagine yourself at that age currently. 
I still remember being 13. Vaguely. My memory isn't that great.

But I remem…

An open letter to the scared and confused dreamers.

This is a letter for myself. But this is also a letter for those who find themselves in the same place as I am.

I'm going to admit that life is different from what I initially thought when I was younger.

When I was younger, I assumed that by now, I would have reached or be somewhat close to the life of my dreams.

But now that I reach this point, I realised that I was wrong. I did not take into account that tertiary education took years. Personally, I don't regret my tertiary education because I did enjoy it. Yes, it was insane and difficult but it was fun and I met amazing people there.

It's been a year since my graduation and I find myself being frustrated. I felt disappointed in myself because no, I don't have my own apartment and no, I'm not rocking that cool ass job that I always  dreamed of. But no, I don't hate my job either. In that sense, I'm fortunate I suppose. But I feel that it may not be the kind of thing that I want to do.

However, for me, to get t…

Alter ego, SUIT UP!!

Man, it feels odd to have people believe in you at the very moment you do not trust yourself. It feels odd to hear people's praises of you when you're feeling incapable. So I guess, it's time for one of my many alter ego to suit up if I wanna win that debate competition!!

Like any other person, I have many alter ego's...and I'm gonna list most of them today.


Ms Drama Queen
Likes :Attention and spotlight. She's a diva.
Dislikes :People stealing her spotlight or not getting her spotlight.
She is : A real drama queen. She whines & complains alot though. She thinks that the world revolves around her.
Can't handle :Ms Productive


Ms Arrogant
Likes : Winning, winning and winning.
Dislikes : Losing and losers.
She is : A real mean arrogant person. She really doesn't care about the other people. She thinks she is the best. Mostly, she thinks that her opponents aren't even her equal unless they have proven otherwise. Even then, she still thinks she is better than …