Skip to main content

Cosplaying Woes and Problems??!!

Things that people didn't tell you about cosplay.

First, you have to choose a character to cosplay. This part isn't easy. I mean, there's SO many characters to choose from. Not only that, you have to consider your body size with character that you choose.

Like for me, I'm a short person so that means all the tall anime characters are out of the picture for me.

IT was slightly hard to choose for me.

But in the end, I chose Kanmuri Shigeru from Yakitate Japan.



HE's short just like me and he isn't one of those stupid annoying characters. He's a smart character with a nice heart.

So I thought he was perfect.

Then, it's buying your freaking costume. It doesn't help that these costume cost a freaking bomb.
The hard part is finding the right perfect costume and paying for it.
Good quality ones are very expensive. It's hard to find good quality costumes with affordable prices...but luckily, I managed to find one.

A friend helped me to order it and pay for it. I just paid to her. After all, I'm no good at all these shipping thing and paypal stuff.

THE WAIT for the costume is excruciating!! Eventhough I know it'll come in a month, it's still bloody torture.
And it didn't help that my costume arrived LATE!

Unfortunately, I did NOT go for the AGC event to cosplay because I fell sick on that day.

So for me, all that torture in the beginning is not even worth it because I didn't even get to cosplay! So no, I didn't even get to have fun with my costume.

Now, the main problem is....What do I do with the costume?

Yes, WHAT THE HELL AM I GONNA DO WITH THE COSTUME?? And the worst part is, I never even wore it before.

I feel like throwing it out but when I start thinking about the price, I can't throw it out. And it doesn't help that I love the pink wig! I know it's freaking pink but it's a beautiful wig and I love it!

For me, cosplay is not exactly a great hobby. There's too much to do and it cost a lot. The worst thing is, you won't even know what to do with costume afterwards.
And you can only cosplay in AGC events with other cosplayers.

So no, I don't think I will take cosplay as a hobby. And I don't recommend this hobby to anyone. It's not that I'm dissing cosplay. I'm just saying it's not exactly my cup of tea.

But since, I never had my fun of cosplaying yet. I might cosplay this year using the same costume or I might I get another one.

If I cosplay this year, I would cosplay as :

Victorique from GOSICK



Kino from KINO NO TABI




Kanmuri Shigeru from YAKITATE JAPAN (yea, just reuse my current costume.)

Comments

Happy "Sam" said…
You are correct ya.
But .. you can keep the COSTUME.
Why ?

Because frist,
need money to buy.
Money is hard to earn.

Second,
You can wear it when friends birthday ya ~
Show some specail to her/him on their birthday ya ~~
^_^

Third,
Sometime got performance,
You may use it ya.
Like singing, dancing ya or some other event ya.
^_^

Don't waste it.
Outside people ..... just a normal shirt ... also did not have.
Care it everythings you buy.
^_^

Popular posts from this blog

Much Ado About Our Healthcare

During this week, something terrible but hilarious when you looked back, happened to me.

It was a normal Monday morning. It was close to the end of the month, so I was awaiting for my salary to come in. I was just trying to just hold on till the end of the month. Typical monday. Nothing eventful yet.

Then, it was lunchtime.
I went to lunch with my colleagues.
I ordered myself a lovely nasi kukus with ikan keli. That means steamed rice with catfish for those of you who don't read malay. 

One of my colleague often order this and it always looked good so I decided to give it a try.

Bad mistake.

I ended up having a fishbone stuck in my throat. When you think of it, it's pretty silly. But it scared the living daylights out of me at that moment. I tried swallowing rice to push the fishbone down but after half a bowl later, I found it to be not working.

I heard from my dad when I was younger that, if a fishbone get stuck in your throat, you had to do an operation. And that only fueled my fea…

An open letter to the scared and confused dreamers.

This is a letter for myself. But this is also a letter for those who find themselves in the same place as I am.

I'm going to admit that life is different from what I initially thought when I was younger.

When I was younger, I assumed that by now, I would have reached or be somewhat close to the life of my dreams.

But now that I reach this point, I realised that I was wrong. I did not take into account that tertiary education took years. Personally, I don't regret my tertiary education because I did enjoy it. Yes, it was insane and difficult but it was fun and I met amazing people there.

It's been a year since my graduation and I find myself being frustrated. I felt disappointed in myself because no, I don't have my own apartment and no, I'm not rocking that cool ass job that I always  dreamed of. But no, I don't hate my job either. In that sense, I'm fortunate I suppose. But I feel that it may not be the kind of thing that I want to do.

However, for me, to get t…

Alter ego, SUIT UP!!

Man, it feels odd to have people believe in you at the very moment you do not trust yourself. It feels odd to hear people's praises of you when you're feeling incapable. So I guess, it's time for one of my many alter ego to suit up if I wanna win that debate competition!!

Like any other person, I have many alter ego's...and I'm gonna list most of them today.


Ms Drama Queen
Likes :Attention and spotlight. She's a diva.
Dislikes :People stealing her spotlight or not getting her spotlight.
She is : A real drama queen. She whines & complains alot though. She thinks that the world revolves around her.
Can't handle :Ms Productive


Ms Arrogant
Likes : Winning, winning and winning.
Dislikes : Losing and losers.
She is : A real mean arrogant person. She really doesn't care about the other people. She thinks she is the best. Mostly, she thinks that her opponents aren't even her equal unless they have proven otherwise. Even then, she still thinks she is better than …