Skip to main content

Comic Fiesta 2012.

Ps, this is going to be a long post. So, you have been warned.


This year, I decided to go to Comic Fiesta, which is an ACG (Anime, Comic & Games event).

Comic Fiesta is held in December, during a weekend. So, that means, there are two days. Last year, I only attended Day 2. But this year, I decided to attend both days~!

However, you need to buy tickets for this event. It's $20 per day. So, it's $40 for both days. If you buy the early bird, it's $35 for both days. But the early bird tickets ran out before I could buy them. 

AND THEN, BOOM, I saw something. 
Volunteering for Comic Fiesta. It will allow me to attend both days for free. Instantly, I signed up for it. Luckily, I got it~!

 

Comic Fiesta.
It is an event that many ACG fans await.
It is a place where you can be an ACG fan and not be judged. 
It is a place to meet other cool ACG fans.
It is a place to see your favourite characters come alive (thanks to cosplay).
It is a place to dress up as your favourite character or dress up in anything you fancy.
It is a time to just have fun and let loose as an ACG fan.
To me, this is what Comic Fiesta meant.

Well, Comic Fiesta is an annual event. Because a lot of people were cosplaying, I, too, had to have a special costume or at least, wear something special or something that I usually don't wear.

Luckily for me, Hisana lent me her nice costume. 
Arigato ne, Hisana~! *bows* 
So, that means, I had something nice to wear. 
What did I wear? Haha, not gonna tell you.











For the first time, I put on make up. It was a very light, sheer and natural one. It's just to cover my pores and so that my face don't look too crappy.
For the first time in two years, I put on a skirt. It's been a while and it completely felt odd at first.
For the first time, dressing up took half an hour.

Only in Comic Fiesta do I bother. Yes, only in Comic Fiesta. 

So, if you want to see me in make up or a skirt, you will have to come to Comic Fiesta. I will not wear one for any other occasion.

I was glad that I wore something special. Anyhow, surprisingly, there were people who wanted to take a picture of me or take a picture with me. 



I was really surprised but I was honoured. I never been asked like that before. It's just so sudden and surprising.
So, I tried to pose or smile properly but I probably epic fail on that. SIGHS.

Hehe. I can see why cosplayers love cosplaying now. I, too, plan to wear something nice again when I go to Comic Fiesta next year.

I got to meet up with old friends who were really hardcore on Comic Fiesta.


(left to right) Mio, Jun, Ellie, Qi
























Anyhow, Comic Fiesta is a big deal to a lot of ACG fans, look at the crazy crowd. But then again, I am not surprised. It's an annual event that everyone has been waiting for. 



















I volunteered for Comic Fiesta this year. That makes me a Felynes. (Don't ask me how to pronounce this as I am unsure too.) Hisana was also a Felynes.


 

I don't have tickets but I have a tag~! And yes, I got Danny Choo's signature. But unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture with him. SIGHS. Oh well, next time....

Anyhow, I got a pretty nice duty with Hisana~!
And at least, we took nice long breaks together. Hush, don't tell anyone.
Some Felynes didn't even get a break but of course, we make it up by working hard.

Although I didn't get to walk around much but it was still enjoyable. 
I love the atmosphere and the people. Get to meet a lot of crazy people and I LOVE it~!

And oh, I love that Comic Fiesta had a concert on Day 1 at night. Yes, I got to attend a concert for free~! 



Personally, I do not know this band. But they were amazing, singing live. Just from this one concert, I am now a fan of theirs. So yea.

They are siblings, interestingly enough but that's sweet though. 
I like how Japanese bands or groups are always so friendly and they are always interacting with the fans. They were just so nice~!

I also loved how the fans preferred that they speak Japanese and not English. But I understand why. Even I would prefer them to speak Japanese. We, ACG fans, pride that we learn Japanese from all the ACG that we love.

Even though Comic Fiesta was exhausting, I had loads of fun and it was all worth it. If I go back next year (most likely I would), I will volunteer again so that I can meet all the crazy people again~!

It's not what, when or where that makes an event. It's who. 



I am still considered a newbie for Comic Fiesta as this is only my second time attending it. But I see why people love it.
And I love it too.
Comic Fiesta, it leaves you wanting more. 

Anyhow, it was a great event~!

So, this is some pictures from the event itself.
Pictures below are not from me but from Benjamin Foo


















































































Till next year then~!

PS, I didn't buy anything from Comic Fiesta because I was broke. I am broke because I bought a new phone.

Comments

Kath Lee said…
Haha..you looked so cute there!! >/<
Edo fe Errol said…
I totally know that you're taking long breaks now. Heh.

Popular posts from this blog

An open letter to the scared and confused dreamers.

This is a letter for myself. But this is also a letter for those who find themselves in the same place as I am.

I'm going to admit that life is different from what I initially thought when I was younger.

When I was younger, I assumed that by now, I would have reached or be somewhat close to the life of my dreams.

But now that I reach this point, I realised that I was wrong. I did not take into account that tertiary education took years. Personally, I don't regret my tertiary education because I did enjoy it. Yes, it was insane and difficult but it was fun and I met amazing people there.

It's been a year since my graduation and I find myself being frustrated. I felt disappointed in myself because no, I don't have my own apartment and no, I'm not rocking that cool ass job that I always  dreamed of. But no, I don't hate my job either. In that sense, I'm fortunate I suppose. But I feel that it may not be the kind of thing that I want to do.

However, for me, to get t…

Alter ego, SUIT UP!!

Man, it feels odd to have people believe in you at the very moment you do not trust yourself. It feels odd to hear people's praises of you when you're feeling incapable. So I guess, it's time for one of my many alter ego to suit up if I wanna win that debate competition!!

Like any other person, I have many alter ego's...and I'm gonna list most of them today.


Ms Drama Queen
Likes :Attention and spotlight. She's a diva.
Dislikes :People stealing her spotlight or not getting her spotlight.
She is : A real drama queen. She whines & complains alot though. She thinks that the world revolves around her.
Can't handle :Ms Productive


Ms Arrogant
Likes : Winning, winning and winning.
Dislikes : Losing and losers.
She is : A real mean arrogant person. She really doesn't care about the other people. She thinks she is the best. Mostly, she thinks that her opponents aren't even her equal unless they have proven otherwise. Even then, she still thinks she is better than …

Growing up, closure and an interview.

I guess it's time I grow up. When high school is over, I have to grow up, be a mature and a responsible little young lady.
There's alot of things I have to learn.

To be honest, I'm a little afraid of leaving graduating from high school.
WHY?
I mean, I've been going to school for years. And the thought that it will finally end is a relief but also a little frightening.

But it's a new chapter in life. Everyone goes through it. So yea, I'm afraid but excited at the same time. There's so much to do after the graduating. College, driver licence & etc...

I guess I'll miss high school a little. Never thought it would end...but yea, it will soon enough.

Before I left high school, I need some closure. I mean, I made some friends & lost some friends. I do have some regrets. I was such an idiot and arrogant ass last time.
So yea, before high school end, I need to send some letters to the few people I hurt.



But I guess, that's high school. You make a hell lot of…