Skip to main content

Manga, friends and life.

So I just finished rereading one of my favourite stories from my favourite storyteller.



And it was an amazing read because it was heartbreaking, thought provoking, logic bending and heart warming. All in all, a masterpiece. 

Like any story. It made me think about life and receive meaningful lessons.

It reminded me that destiny do exists. That things do happen for a reason. Hitsuzen. Or rather, inevitability.

Even though destiny exists, it doesn't mean that it cannot be changed. It can be changed.
(oh, by the way, manga's are read from left to right.)



Destiny may exists but the future has not been ordained yet. And the only thing that create our future are our choices that we make in the present.


It also reminds me that in life, we only can do what we can do and what we want to do. Therefore, we shouldn't worry so much.
Just do what you can. Just do what you want.
But you must ask yourself, what do you want to do? 
And that's the question I ask myself.
So think hard and decide for yourself.



And it also reminds me that if you have made your decision, stick with it till the end. No matter how painful it gets, hold on to it.

I guess, in life, the question isn't if you can hold on to your dream or decisions. 
It's if you really, really want that dream or decision.
Because if you do. 
You would always hold on to it.


 Most of all, it reminds me of true love. That true love and soulmates do exists. Guess, this is just the sweet part.
I like to think that we are not alone. And that's very true.
We are never alone.



We will always have friends and family by our side during our most beautiful and painful moments.
Therefore, we must always believe in everyone.
In everyone we love.

And even though the ending was a little crappy. It's real.
Not everything ends happily and that's truth.
That's life sometimes.
And it shows that life sometimes, don't give you everything you want. But it gives you everything you need.

Other than that, it made me thankful for my friends.

Speaking of friends, I met them today.

And we watched a pretty awesome movie called Warm Bodies. 

I love being with them.
Having someone to also understand how you feel.
Having someone who isn't going to judge you.
Knowing that you are not alone.

And being with them, for some reason, give me clarity.
Decisions that I can't figure out at all somehow gets much closer to being solved.
They show me the clarity that I been looking for so long.

I need them.
And I, thank them for their presence and existence.

So, sometimes, in life, all you need are a good story, good friends and some good food.
That usually makes everything better.





Comments

Hui Min said…
True. Most(all) of the time, we don't get what we want. But we have what we need.
Happy "Sam" said…
Thank you for sharing.
Got chance I also go see it too !!
Yeah !!

Anime I love it !!
Now i seeing "one piece"

I love their friendship.
Each of them got their dream !!
Yeah !!
文儀 said…
conform and clarification, yup. these are the thgs i get from u guys. Chemistry.

Popular posts from this blog

An open letter to the scared and confused dreamers.

This is a letter for myself. But this is also a letter for those who find themselves in the same place as I am.

I'm going to admit that life is different from what I initially thought when I was younger.

When I was younger, I assumed that by now, I would have reached or be somewhat close to the life of my dreams.

But now that I reach this point, I realised that I was wrong. I did not take into account that tertiary education took years. Personally, I don't regret my tertiary education because I did enjoy it. Yes, it was insane and difficult but it was fun and I met amazing people there.

It's been a year since my graduation and I find myself being frustrated. I felt disappointed in myself because no, I don't have my own apartment and no, I'm not rocking that cool ass job that I always  dreamed of. But no, I don't hate my job either. In that sense, I'm fortunate I suppose. But I feel that it may not be the kind of thing that I want to do.

However, for me, to get t…

Alter ego, SUIT UP!!

Man, it feels odd to have people believe in you at the very moment you do not trust yourself. It feels odd to hear people's praises of you when you're feeling incapable. So I guess, it's time for one of my many alter ego to suit up if I wanna win that debate competition!!

Like any other person, I have many alter ego's...and I'm gonna list most of them today.


Ms Drama Queen
Likes :Attention and spotlight. She's a diva.
Dislikes :People stealing her spotlight or not getting her spotlight.
She is : A real drama queen. She whines & complains alot though. She thinks that the world revolves around her.
Can't handle :Ms Productive


Ms Arrogant
Likes : Winning, winning and winning.
Dislikes : Losing and losers.
She is : A real mean arrogant person. She really doesn't care about the other people. She thinks she is the best. Mostly, she thinks that her opponents aren't even her equal unless they have proven otherwise. Even then, she still thinks she is better than …

Growing up, closure and an interview.

I guess it's time I grow up. When high school is over, I have to grow up, be a mature and a responsible little young lady.
There's alot of things I have to learn.

To be honest, I'm a little afraid of leaving graduating from high school.
WHY?
I mean, I've been going to school for years. And the thought that it will finally end is a relief but also a little frightening.

But it's a new chapter in life. Everyone goes through it. So yea, I'm afraid but excited at the same time. There's so much to do after the graduating. College, driver licence & etc...

I guess I'll miss high school a little. Never thought it would end...but yea, it will soon enough.

Before I left high school, I need some closure. I mean, I made some friends & lost some friends. I do have some regrets. I was such an idiot and arrogant ass last time.
So yea, before high school end, I need to send some letters to the few people I hurt.



But I guess, that's high school. You make a hell lot of…