Well, the new year is here.
And honestly, I am glad. I been feeling rather prepared lately for the new year to come. So now that it's here, I feel happy and relieved. It's like a new chapter of a book. A fresh start.
Anyway, every new year, I make new year resolutions. It's my thing. But unlike most people, I actually try to work at it.
Honestly, new year resolutions to me isn't a bad thing. It's like planning for your year and how you want it turn out. Sometimes, it doesn't turn out exactly as you planned but at least you had a plan.
Sometimes, my new year resolutions are of previous years because I haven't achieved them. There's nothing wrong with being unable to achieve your old new year resolutions as long as you tried your best. The thing about life is, it's not a straight road.
Let's say, your new year resolution is to exercise. So you start exercise. Then, somewhere along the line, you got lazy and stopped. But that doesn't mean, you consider yourself a failure and get rid of that new year resolution.
If anything, you start over. You try to start exercising again. There will be days where you feel lazy but don't give up. Keep working at it. Keep trying.
And new year resolutions can be changed along the way or you can add new resolutions when you come up with one.
So yea. I just don't like it when people say that new year resolutions is stupid because it doesn't work.
Because it does work.
The question is, do you want it to work?
Anyway, I feel like posting up my new year resolutions this year.
- Let go of all of my fears and doubts.
- Be more aware of my emotions and thoughts.
- Stop allowing other people's opinions (real or imagined) to affect me.
- To continue growing and learning.
- To be more confident.
- To be happy and at peace. (or to be zen)
- To be fabulous like Thranduil.By fabulous, it means, I want to have beautiful hair like Thranduil and also to behave as fabulous as Thranduil, the elf king.
- I want to enjoy the journey of my life and to live my life to the fullest.